So you want to be an actor?

Friday, September 22, 2006

What Tomorrow Holds

I plan things. It's become a big problem in my acting becuase you lose a certain about of spontaneity, but now it's starting to interfere with my daily life as well.

If you had asked me at the begining of the week what I was going to be doing this weekend, the answer would have been nothing. Plenty of free time to spend at home and with friends. Then the week started and the weekend turned into this:

Audition on Friday for Third Wall
Matinee at the NAC on Sunday
Audition on Saturday
Now wrangling extras on Sunday, must cancel play
Cast in a short film shooting on Saturday
Must cancel Saturday audition
Play moved to Friday night
Short film pushed back to next weekend
Rebook audition for Saturday
Hired on as the new Stand-in for the movie Tipping Point - kiss the rest of the week good-bye.

Yeah, you read that last one right! I'm the new stand-in on Tipping Point! Which means that starting tomorrow I get two glorious weeks of work!

That deserves a few more exclamation marks!!!

So really, you never know in this business what tomorrow holds. At the moment, I'm going to have to call the folks for the short film to cancel for next weekend. However, you never know... with the way things have been going, I might be able to swing that too.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home