So you want to be an actor?

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Dumped for a Cougar?

Today I had the opportunity to participate in my friend Joe's short film. The film is a mockumentary about a guy (Joe) who starts out a loser and then becomes the self-proclaimed King of the Cougars. I played his ex who, at the beginning of the movie, has dumped him for his brother. In fact, my first scene consisted of myself and said brother making out on the couch while Joe sat uncomfortably at the other end with his laptop. (For those of you wondering who played the brother, I'll give you a hint: his name rhymes with Eddy GetReady)

You can't blame me for dumping him though, the guy looked like this:



I also got to do a one-on-one interview for the camera about Joe and his brother (whose name my character never bothers to learn, BTW).

Since my character was a bit of a bitch, I thought a cigarette would be appropriate. You know, cuz only bitchy people smoke. Anyway, we all turned out to be a pretty health conscious bunch on set. Well, that is to say, no one had any tobacco cigarettes on set... they did, however, have a certain kind of herbal cigarette if you know what I mean. And since my mom reads this site, I will just assume you do. Unfortunately, since I have never smoked any of the "herbal" blend (and no, I'm not making that up), I almost gave the director a heart attack when I tried to light it from the wrong end. Oops!

By the end of the film, I also get my comeuppance as the brother dumps me at a party for a Cougar (meaning a single woman over thirty, not the animal). I wasn't told that I would be needed for the party scene and hadn't brought any clothes for it so one of the girls working on the film was kind enough to lend me a top. Let's just say it's a good thing I've been working out lately... the top was a navel baring bustier in a nude colour that made me look like I was wearing no clothes at all. Why the heck would the brother want to dump that?

Ah well, lots of fun was had by all today!

Unfortunately, by the time I was done, it was too late to make it to the rest of the Mask workshop with Alex, which is a shame. If anyone else happened to go to it, please let me know how it went.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home