So you want to be an actor?

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

There's the Other Shoe

Wow, three posts in one day... must be some sort of record.

While I don't want to go into the details of it all, I want to mention that I am now officially unemployed again... and not in the fun way.

This time, for real, I have to go and find myself a job. One that will pay me enough to cover my bills and hopefully have a wee bit of extra left over for the occasional night out. From my calculations, it would require something that would pay me approx. 15$/hour for 35 hours a week.

Now, at the moment, this means that I am no longer be able to take the amazing acting classes I have been taking since I will be in desperate need of funds.

It also means that if I do get a job, I will probably not be able to take a week off in December for the Michele Lonsdale Smith course... not if I want to go home for Christmas.

The other problem with getting a real job means that I lose flexibility when it comes to things like audtions and getting parts (not that that last one has been beating me over the head, but you never know). So getting a paying gig in acting is going to become even tougher.

Dear God, I'm going to be stuck doing Community Theatre for the rest of my life aren't I?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Just wanted to add, it's not an impossible situation, just tougher.

    By Blogger Nancy Kenny, at 9:40 PM  

  • Get a overnight job...since I'm willing to bet that your auditions don't likely happen at 3AM, you'll be free to do whatever, whenever during the day....

    All you have to do is make sure you can get a little sleep though, so no one catches you asleep a your post...

    V

    By Blogger Vicky, at 1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home