So you want to be an actor?

Monday, September 11, 2006

Peace in the Written Word

Someone once asked me if I found writing a blog to be cathartic and I answered yes. But what I realized was that it isn't just writing a blog that provides me with some kind of emotional and intellectual release, but it's the written word in general.

Last night I wrote a lot. I wrote a variety of things: journal entries, imaginary letters that will never be sent, scenes... And once I was done, it felt like some huge weight was lifted of my chest. Things felt a little bit clearer in my head, a little more centered.

I guess the pen is mightier than the sword.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Eugenia, at 4:50 PM  

  • I agree with you. Writing in general feels good. I have a journal as well, and have written several letters (some get sent, some don't).

    Keep going. I enjoy your blog.

    By Blogger Eugenia, at 4:52 PM  

  • And I enjoy yours...

    When you write in it :p

    By Blogger Nancy Kenny, at 8:39 PM  

  • But don't forget, the sword is mightier than the penis.
    Big-E
    PS: tee hee

    By Blogger Ereek, at 12:15 AM  

  • Nancy...as a founding member of the SAD Club, you have an obligation to just keep writing, just keep writing...we need you and your supreme talent.
    Love,
    C

    PS: Don't scoff at the 'supreme talent' part, I MEAN IT.

    By Blogger Travelling Journals, at 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home