So you want to be an actor?

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

It's Not You, It's Me

For Monday's random music pick, I draw your attention to the Creaking Tree String Quartet.

As for Tuesday, unfortunately I was inside at the Barney Danson Theatre and so didn't get to hear anything really except what was on the mainstage outside and that didn't impress me much. I was also long gone before the Fergalicious one even showed up.

***********************************************

Dear Jully:

Listen, I know you tried really hard to get to me last night. You know how much I like to move it, move it, but honestly, I don't think it's working out between us. No, no, you didn't really DO anything wrong. I'm just not feeling you that's all. Maybe it's because you remind me so much of that drama queen, Mary J Blige, who I was able to tolerate until she went and ruined a perfectly good U2 song. Or maybe it was because you beat out a buddy of mine for R&B/Soul Recording of the Year at the Junos (and if Fat Al from God Made Me Funky is reading this, How's it going, dude?)

...

Actually, no, it's because of THAT song... you know the one I'm talking about... I'm glad you got a lot of success out of it, but it just plays SO MUCH! And have you ever listened to what the lyrics actually say? Oh honey, why would you want to spend all your time doing your man's laundry and washing his floors? Maybe that was love in 1961, but you're in a whole new century now. Couldn't you have gone out to a spa or something instead? I'm sure that would have made for an equally great song.

You're a beautiful woman with a lot of talent and you've got a great sense of humour to boot(I saw you try and get my attention on Video on Trial). I'm sure you'll be able to find someone else who will truly be able to appreciate you. I think we just need a little bit of time apart so we can reevaluate our priorities and focus on finding out what we truly want out of life.

Someday soon, we'll laugh about this, Jully, as we sit on a patio, drinking sangria and making fun of Mary J.

I look forward to that day,

Nancy

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home