So you want to be an actor?

Friday, July 04, 2008

From One Festival To Another OR Please Take My Two Minute Survey

Well, the Fringe Festival is over and I've already jumped head first into another one of Ottawa's summer spectacles: Bluesfest.

I'll be spending the next two weeks on site getting little surveys filled out by people who purchased tickets to the festival.

It's a pretty sweet gig. Not only do I get a free pass to all the concerts, but I get paid for it too. It's also a great way to get into some new music. Last night, I was stationed at the Rogers stage where Matt Mays and El Torpedo were playing. Before they even got to Cocaine Cowgirl, I was hooked.

What is it about a guitar that makes a skinny guy with long greasy hair and five days worth of stubble look like the sexiest man alive? Is it the way he holds it, both delicately and forcefully at the same time? Or did Les Paul have some kind of Austin Power-esque mojo that he bottled up and had sprayed into every single one of his instruments?

The people I get to take the surveys are an interesting bunch. Some people want to talk to you too much, like this guy who wanted to find out how to get his date to go to a hotel with him when asked about accomodations during Bluesfest (oh and his least favorite thing about Bluesfest? The fact that his date didn't have a twin sister...), while others won't talk to you at all. One girl I approached turned her back on me and walked away. Sheesh. You could have just said you weren't interested instead of being rude.

I'm having fun though. I may even get to see Feist tonight!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home