So you want to be an actor?

Monday, June 16, 2008

I Just Wanted To Be An Actor...

That's it. I just wanted to act. I wanted to audition for stuff and get cast in other people's projects and that would be that.

However, I realized recently, that it was not meant to be for me.

No no, I'm not saying I'm giving up acting (it's not that time of the month yet). What I am saying is that I won't just be an actor. I'll always be involved in some other way as a producer, a publicist, a set builder, a front of house crew, a writer, a director maybe, and/or whatever else might need to be done to achieve my goal to act. I'm always going to get my hands dirty.

And I think I am finally ok with that.

************************
Speaking of getting my hands dirty, the Ottawa Fringe Festival is quickly approaching! I am serving double duty as actor and publicist for Evolution Theatre's presentation of Daniel MacIvor's This Is A Play.

You can check out the schedule here and even buy your tickets online!

Please note, you have to have a 2$ Fringe pin to attend any shows at the festival. Also, our venue only seats about 30 people so come early enough to get your seat!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home