So you want to be an actor?

Monday, July 07, 2008

Halfway There

Though I hate crowds (and have avoided the mainstages at Bluesfest for the very reason), I love people watching. There's something really peaceful about people lounging around in the sun, chilling out to good music. The weather's been perfect lately and it looks like it may last through the whole festival. I've already burnt some parts of my body (the ones where my hands can't fully reach with sunscreen), but as someone who usually looks like an out of place vampire during the summer, I don't actually mind. It will turn into a tan eventually.

I've also had a great opportunity to discover some new music. My new music picks for Friday and Saturday go to Royal Wood and Jen Grant, respectively. Royal reminds me a bit of Ben Folds and he was very funny onstage. Jen Grant was just adorable and talked about how her dog died and she wrote a song about him, but it's a happy song so it's all good. Seriously, adorable!

For Sunday, I want to let people know about The Acorn (who may be local, but I'm not sure), but hands down the best show of day had to be Snoop Dogg.

A sense of morbid curiosity drew me to the Bank of America stage. After all, since I was on site, why not check it out? I avoided the crowds by staying outside the gates and watched from the jumbo screens. I have to admit, the D-O-Double G is quite the showman and knows how to manipulate a crowd. Sens Jersey, bedazzled microphone, giant joint stolen from the crowd... Plus, he actually started in on a rendition of House of Pain's Jump Around. I'm not sure what was more fun: his on-stage personna or watching middle-aged white suburbanites try to drop it like it's hot...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home