So you want to be an actor?

Monday, February 25, 2008

Winning my Oscar Pool (or I Can Spot a Loser from a Mile Away)

I just found out this morning that I won my Oscar Pool by guessing all answers in every category correctly. The twist to this pool though was that you had to pick a show/person from each category who would NOT win.

My method? Well it was very scientific, based on socio-political trends in the movie business, as well as extensive research into the voting habits of Academy members for the last 80 years. I also factored in box office receipts for each film, multiplied that by the average salary of the people involved (go go IMDB Pro) and divided by the number of nominees in each category.

Or I just randomly clicked on stuff and prayed that if there was a God He/She/It would not let a travesty like Norbit get any kind of legitimate artistic approval.

My prize for winning? A 275$ acting course with Sears and Switzer.

Go me!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home