So you want to be an actor?

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

2008 - The Year of Travel

In my previous post, I mentioned that I had a lot of resolutions for the year. One of those resolutions (number 7 to be precise) involve travelling abroad, something I have never done before.

This desire presented itself strongly over the holidays when I noticed how small people try and make the world. They like to restrict it to a more manageable size, usually along the lines of their own backyard, and purposefully forget that there is anything else out there. I didn't want to be like that. I wanted to see more, to do more, to learn more, about the world I live in.

And this year is the year I'm going to do it.

Unfortunately, travelling is expensive. That said, I've always dreamed of having an acting gig that would take me to far away and exotic places. I would see movies being shot in Prague or Iceland or New Zealand and I would think, one day that will be me. Well, the closest thing to working on set in a foreign country has presented itself to me. Yesterday, I found out that the playwright for the show I'm working on has been invited to present it at a theatre festival in Ireland this May. He was asked if he had a company that would be willing to come over and present it. He, of course, quickly came to Toto Too and asked them if there would be interest. Well, the interest is definitely there. The next issue now becomes that of funding, but that's for others to look into. The main thing is there is a very strong possibility that I will actually get my opportunity to travel abroad this year, which is incredible.

And if that doesn't work out, I still promised this guy I'd be visiting him in Japan before the end of the year...

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • That's so exciting! Every actor's dream right? :)
    I hope you get the funding to go to Ireland. It's got the top spot on my list pf places I want to travel to.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home