So you want to be an actor?

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Looking Forward

It's been a busy past couple of weeks. I finished up the show I did with NORT and then stage managed Breathing Time Productions night of one act plays. On top of that, I've been busy with rehearsals for Toto Too's Jigsaw Confession in January and finishing up a marketing course at Algonquin College (I actually have an exam next week, eep!).

Of coursee, during all this time, I was also going through the motions of purchasing my first home and, as of this weekend, I am finally moved in. It will be beautiful once I'm finally unpacked.

But that, dear friends, is not the extent of my news.

You see, over the past couple of weeks/months, I have been working with two other colleagues to found our own theatre company. As of last week, the incorporation papers have gone through and it is official: Evolution Theatre is now a legal entity.

Yes, I am a founding member of a new theatre company in Ottawa and I want you all to hear about it and spread the word.

We have our season and venues (mostly) set up for next year (I say mostly because tonight's Fringe Lottery will determine where our summer show will take place). General auditions will be taking place on January 12, 2008 - location TBD. I encourage everyone to come out, even if you are a member of the Canadian Actor's Equity Association. Depending on our funding situation, we might still be able to use you.

Though all this information will be blitzed around town in the coming weeks (we have our first BOD tonight, actually), I thought I'd let my friends in on the ground floor. So without further ado, here is Evolution Theatre's upcoming season of contemporary canadian theatre, including one Ottawa premiere:

The Ventriloquist by Larry Tremblay (April in the Studio Leonard Beaulne)
This Is A Play by Daniel McIvor (June during the Ottawa Fringe Festival)
The Diswashers by Morris Panych (September in Academic Hall)

If you are interested in auditioning for us, please send your resume and headshot to evolutiontheatre@gmail.com (our proper email address will be going up with the launch of our new website, so the gmail account will do for now).

We will also be looking at holding a kind of actor's gym in January as an opportunity to see new talent and play around with some scenes. If you're interested in participating, you can email us about that too.

I'll be frequently posting about what's going on with the company here, so check back often. I may even be starting a new blog about it - So you want to start a theatre comapny :p

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home